From: Theresa [mailto: tchessie@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 07:29:44 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] update

Ugh! You should be immobile today from the sounds of it! Hope you took
got the laminate flooring put into my office at <br>home! It's so nice
not to be walking on the cement pad any longer. <br>Nothing like
ordering furniture to get the clock ticking.... New desk <br>and
bookshelf come on Tuesday. Of course, in the process of working
next <br>project to tackle. I already picked out a paint color, and will
use one <br>of 2 tile choices for the floor (the linoleum has to go!). I
also <br>decided that I hate to color my husband chose for the the
hallway- so <br>actually I will be painting it the same color as the
laundry room. When <br>he gets back from Mexico on Thursday, he may
I can either paint, or mess with the chainsaw and <br>prune back the
Bradford

pears.... The chainsaw is borrow and likely <br>needs a new chain....not
sure I'm really in the mood for that. Think <br>I'll just do regular
deadheading/pruning for a while this AM, and then <br>come inside to
paint after it gets hot. Supposed to be 90 again today. <br>Summer may
have finally decided to come!<br><br>Oh- on a gardening note...I have 2
guara plants- I think they are both <br>"siskiyou pink". Mine flop all
over the place. I thought it was <br>becuase they didn't get enough sun,
so I moved one to see if that would <br>improve things- Nope- now it is
just more visible (and hence more <br>annoying). Anybody else have this
problem? The dang stems absolutely <br>drag on the ground where they
aren't leaning on other plants. This may <br>turn into another project
I feel like Theresa tonight... worked my butt off today!<br>><br>>We
finally got the pond cleaned out although we still have

the two<br>>waterfalls to tackle tomorrow. It turned out to be a bigger
project than<br>>either of us thought. With all the rain we have been
getting it was a<br>>loosing battle, not to mention we got water under
the liner somehow in this<br>>process. Lotsa innovated ways to get a
pump under the liner to drain<br>>it....and quite a bit of heated
discussions on how to do that.<br>><br>>Also took a few minutes to see
what is happening in my garden. Not much in<br>>bloom, but any day now
they are all gonna pop. What really impressed me was<br>>the size of my
hostas! Geesh... this wet weather made them grow like
crazy.<br>><br>>Speaking of wet weather, I found it interesting that
much of the soil under<br>>the surface a few/6 inches is dry. I can NOT
understand it with all the rain<br>>we have gotten lately. Did also get
the beds on the side and back of house<br>>weeded and assessed. Need
something for where the sweet autumn clematis was,<br>>as it got moved
out to an area it can

overtake. Any suggestions, would like<br>>something about 6 ft tall and
has about 3-4 ft for width space. Full sun,<br>>western exposure. Decent
soil, drains, will be against a beige brick
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the<br>>message text UNSUBSCRIBE
text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>