Re: Hydrangea Madness

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hydrangea Madness
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:27:35 -0600

I don't have one myself, but we have 2 growing in one of the display
gardens - a species and a purple one.  The Schizophragma 'Moonlight' we got
in in 2 in pots, moved up to quarts and now to gallons the year after
receipt.  In that year some put on 6 inches, some put on a foot to 18
inches.  But remember that you would want it to branch out, not just one
long string like some Pothos I've seen.  So, when repotting to gallons I cut
them all back to about 6 inches.  Should have done it sooner, but there has
just been so much to do.

Kitty