Re: Bad Times for Cats

Hi Donna

Hmmm, in our daily paper three people chased another person in their car. When they caught up with the person who was trying to drive away one of the three shot the single person in the head. The reason? Because the single person looked at them in a strange way at the coffee drive through. Is it hard to believe that people are cruel to animals? Not at all!

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:20 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Bad Times for Cats

In this day and age?!?!?

My stars, I can't believe this, go get 'em Zem...

And I am so sorry for your loss. It just never should have happened. If
there is anything I can do from here, just LMK.

I have hesitated to discuss this with you all because I have been so upset
here goes... A very wealthy doctor and his wife own a historic house in
LaGrange (one of many). They decided they had a problem with skunks, and
instead of calling the county animal control officer they called the game
warden who gave them permission to use leghold traps. Their house is down
street from me, in the middle of town, and surrounded by houses with small
children. They employed idiots from the primordial ooze. Bottom line
are four dead cats (two of which were mine and all of whom were shot -- in
town), one cat with a broken foot, one injured fox sold to dog trainers,
untold dead possums. I have not heard of their catching any skunks. I
beserk, our policeman was horrified, the mayor was bothered because it
involved a confrontation, which he abhors. My girlfriend, whose cat has
broken foot,and I have involved PETA because all the mayor would promise
to see what he could do. Today he told me they had switched to humane
and that all cats would be released. Oh, yes, they were baiting the
traps with sardines!!! If you don't hear from me for a while it will be
because I'm in jail. I am going to speak with the DA's office about
animal abuse charges (a misdemeanor here). I am now extremely
about the kinds of traps legal in Tennessee, and it makes me sick. I have
also posted a copy of our animal abuse statute on the towns bulletin
PETA is calling our mayor tomorrow to find out the status of the case. If
that doesn't stop the slaughter I'm calling the television stations.
zone 7
West TN