Kitty
From: "Betsy Kelson" <bkelson@ix.netcom.com>
I don't really know. All of my growers are local and family owned so
freight
is not an issue. Heating costs along with the price of resin for those
plastic containers caused and increased the cost about 5-7%. Fortuanately,
our garden center buys so much, that the growers ate the increase to keep
our business in most cases. Also, the market accepts it. Some folks
complain
about the prices and know that they can get the basics from the BIG BOXES
but most folks are happy to pay extra because we have new and different
things as well as taking good care of our plants.

betsy