Re: feathers

I have jars of feathers..all over. I decorate with them. When I send my
son (who is in the military) a letter I always put a feather in there.
He smiles cause he knows he is probably the only guy on base whose
mother sends him feathers and fall leaves in the mail. When I was a
little girl I was totally convinced that the feathers on the ground came
off of an angel's wing so they were like - SACRED. I'd come in with a
feather and show my mom "Look mom, an angel lost one of it's
feathers..this is special and I'm saving it". I tried so hard to fly
when I was little. My mother still tells the story of how she was
watching me jump from the back of my grandfather's pick-up truck
flapping my arms all over the place. Getting nowhere. Climbing back up
and trying again. After exhausting myself...I'd sit on the ground all
sad and depressed. My mother came out and asked me what I was doing? I
told her I was trying really, really hard to fly so I could keep up with
all the birds out on

the farm. I think I was 2 1/2 years old. Mom told me I couldn't fly, no
matter how hard tried. I was crushed. LOL. For some reason, the movie
Forrest Gump really hit home with me. The scene when Jenny was a little
girl and hiding in the cornfield and praying "please God, make me a bird
so I can fly far, far away" was so real to me. My dad had a horrible
temper and I can remember praying for wings so I could just fly off for
awhile. I used to have dreams of flying - all the time. Now...if some
psychologist read this, I'm sure they would have a field day! LOL. Nice
to know somebody else out there has an appreciation for feathers! Thanks
Chris.

Chris@widom-assoc.com wrote:
Jesse,

I have a thing for feathers, too. I keep those I find woven through a small
basket. When I find a feather, I treat it as a sign from someone that's
passed. Makes me smile that loved ones are nearby.

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)