Re: Back to gardening....

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Back to gardening....
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:41:35 -0600

Well, I'd definitely mix in some Trumpet and Orienpet Lilies for height and
July-August color, Asiatics for June.  But that doesn't help with your
weeds.  I'm thinking of a couple of grouncovers but can't be sure offhand
about the exact timing of bloom.  One is an ornamental oregano I just
ordered for resale called 'Rosenkuppel'.  It blooms midsummer.  Showy,
fragrant, rosy-pink flowers compliment scented foliage.  Bright blossoms
attract butterflies.  Ht 15-18 inches.
www.esveld.nl/htmldiaen/o/orrose.htm

Another is one I got from HCG called Veronica allionii, but I don't see it
on their website.  I nice mat-former that suppresses weeds and, as I recall,
sends up blue spikes in midsummer.  Really nice.
www.em.ca/garden/per_veronica_allionii.html

Kitty