Outrage!

After a week of totally miserable, cold, cloudy, damp but not
rainy weather, it cleared up and turned warmer yesterday.
I spent the afternoon planting out tender things in the container
garden I set up each summer in my breezeway - filled all the
big pots, planted out half the plants I have been hoarding.
I didn't finish because a sudden wind and rain storm ran me
in, but felt I had made a good start.  This morning when we
went out to fill the bird-feeders, what a disaster!  Every single
pot had been turned over or dug up.  Every plant, including
the five miniature rose bushes, had been dug up and thrown
on the ground. My DH is stressed about all the expensive
potting soil spilled into the gravel where it will encourage
weeds.  I am stressed about my plants.  It took me an hour
just to get things straightened up.  What a start for the
season.  I guess it must have been raccoons.  I know we
have lots of them around.  Skunks dometimes dig things up,
but this was so much more systematic and complete - some
of the pots were quite large.  There are days when I think
we're losing the battle with nature.
Auralie