Re: Tepid....citrus

Pam, why don't you try one of the new Satsuma's out.  When I first  moved to
Houston, it was reported that it was the only citrus that was hardy,  and that
was in 89 when we had that terrible freeze down to 17 degrees, and in  83
they had a couple feet of snow from what I hear.  I've had mine now  since 90,
survived the snows, light frosts and freezes, even ice storms we had  several
years ago.  There are new improved named varieties out  now.   I really think it
would be hardy in your area, especially since  I think Howard Garrett says it
is hardy in Dallas.   Lemons and limes  seem to be more hardy too, or the
Calamondin, which looks like a small  tangerine, but eaten like a Kumquat (with
Jim, would know more about the new varieties, probably.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/28/2005 10:11:16 AM Central Standard Time,