Re: Outrage!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Outrage!
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 12:10:30 -0600

Auralie,
I'm sorry this happened.  I remember my outrage after a skunk went through
my yard once, but nothing as severe as your experience.  Did you ever have
problems with these planters before?
Perhaps I shouldn't say it, but as gardeners, I don't think we should
"battle" nature. We need to work with it.  Easy for me to say, I live in an
older subdivision that doesn't have a lot of wildlife, just raccoons and
possums and rabbits.  I eliminated all but one birdfeeder which is foolproof
and the cats keep the rabbits at bay.  However, I would love to live where
there is more wildlife and would probably grumble while adjusting my
gardening practices to outwit them.  But "battle" just seems so anti-nature.

Kitty