Today in the garden

Hello All!

I had a very productive day today!  We finally had sunshine on a day that I
was at home with no other obligations! I worked on my new white flowering
garden where I built a rock wall and pathway.  I finally finished setting
all the pathway stones in sandy soil.  I'm not sure what I plan to do
between the stones.  I may use moss or gravel of a complimentary color to
the stone. I set the walkway below ground level and made slight berms on the
beds to either side. I'm going for a riverbed feeling. I'm lucky to have
many mature hostas around the garden that I was able to use in this garden.
I wanted ones that bloom white and are fragrant. I will have about a dozen
near white daylilies in the sunny areas. I'm using white annuals such as
cosmos and white salvia greggii for additional bloom.  I have many white
flowering perennials like anemone japonica 'Whirlwind', chrysanthemum m.
'Ice Star', and bulbs, N. 'Polar Ice' is a favorite,  in place.  I'm culling
my columbine seedlings for the white ones.  I have one white, 36" double
that I think is gorgeous! I'm using three varieties of white primulas that
I've divided as well. There are a variety of foliage colors in this garden
including a variegated sambucus and a 'Diablo' ninebark.  I have hibiscus
(Rose of Sharon)  'Diana' in this bed, too.  There are white hydrangeas,
spirea, white flowering abelia.  When I put together the list of plants,
I'll post it if anyone is interested.

Even though the garden isn't finished, I think that I'll post some pictures

Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)