Re: Cobaea

A A HODGES wrote:
I think I spelled that right. Cup and Saucer vine. I'm thinking of
planting some that I grew from seed along with the moonflowers. I've
never grown the C&S before, so can anyone tell me its growth habit? Yes,
I know it's a vine, but the moonflowers get huge and kind of take over,
so I don't want to plant them together if the C&S will get overwhelmed.
Also, the package said sun, but these guys seem to prefer a bit o'
shade. Anyone had luck with these? Can't wait to see the blooms.
I tried it once many years ago on a chain link fence, with no great
luck. Too hot and bright that year I think. If I were you I'd give it
morning light and light shade otherwise. I'm quite sure it doesn't have
the dominant property of moon flowers, which I grow in full sun and have
to keep it cut back or it would take over the back deck...
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7