Re: scale on orchids...Scottie!!!

Hi, Noreen,

I was there on Friday for set up, and Sunday for take down.  DH  had one
paph in the GOS exhibit -- a Scorcer's Apprentice; it took a blue at the GOS
show in March but nothing at the HOS show at the Reliant.  Not surprising,
there were some beautiful papas exhibited.  That great exhibit with the tree
was put together by a couple from the Galveston group who run Orchids and
Tropicals, and sell online.  They had the vendor's booth against the wall
separating the exhibits from the vendors.

I managed to get away only buying three small pieces of driftwood for
mountings.  There was a beautiful  Paph. rothschildianum that DH wanted, but
it was $150 and we decided against it (duh).  We'd just sort of recovered
from the GOS show, where we'd spent way too much money, but got some great
plants, so we weren't as tempted as we might have been.  It was a treat,
however, to have all the international vendors available.

We've been lucky with scale, and every time it's reared its ugly head caught
it before it got away from the host plant.  Usually arrrives with something
we foolishly purchase at a Home Depot, Lowes or Kroger; just can't resist
those sometimes, although we often regret it.

How far are you from Texas City?  Our society meets the third Monday night
each month; usually the guest speaker brings plants for sale, and there's
always the raffle.  If you'll send me your add off list, I'll send the next
newsletter with details of our next speaker.

Scottie