Gloriosa, Glory Lily, Tiger's Claws

Has anyone grown Gloriosa?  Since I had to give that talk on summer bulbs, I
awakened an interest this year and bought some things.  My Rhodohypoxis has
a bloom on it now!  But, back to Gloriosa...It's in a gallon pot and it's
already 2 feet tall.  I read that it grows 6-8 feet and begins blooming at 3
feet, so I've got to get it out there.   I think I'll just sink the pot.  I
don't really want to buy another trellis.  Do you think it would climb
around on the outside of a lilac?  The stem is awfully thick.  Any help
would be appreciated.

neIN Z5