Re: impending move

Thanks for the idea, Daryl - had not really thought of advertising in
a hort. mag...actually, I have never received a trial plant in my
life.  I know a lot of garden writers go after them, but I never did
when I was actively writing for my topic...but I sure have a lot of
mature plants:-)

Judy, interesting idea about naming the property- another thing I've
never really given thought to.  Dunno if it would make a difference
in this area, but it's an idea and couldn't hurt:-)  Thanks!

Yes, Bonnie M. , that's what I've finally decided about working
non-stop.  I need to be able to have a life while I've still got some
spiz...and this is the only way it's gonna happen.   Not thrilled to
see that you and Bill may end up in the same boat.  Think it came
home to me when I was talking to youngest step-son about 'having' to
one day if we didn't get some job or other and he said maybe I should
do it before I "have" to...like while there are still some resources
at hand; made me think about it and then tending to arrears of
bookeeping and realizing just how hard I've been working for the
measly bottom line made me think some more - I'm just plain tired at
this point...and it definitely ain't worth it!!  Am delighted the
plants I've sent you are doing well....once the dust finally settles
for me, I may be begging a start tho' I am determined to take some of
everything that I'm fond of with me:-)

Andrea, I'll bet moving is not an exciting thought to you at this
point!  It's not to me, either, as while I've been here for 30 years
I've also moved over 30 times in my life...yech to moving!  You've
done a marathon in moving tho' in the last year!!  Downsize is the
word.  I'm trying to figure out where we could put a dumpster and
still get in and out of here:-)    I've been thinking rental truck
ref. plants...and it's getting bigger every day:-)   Having dreams
about Chris's shelving for his rental....Lordy!

Theresa, didn't realize you'd been in this part of the world.
Frederick county does have some lovely spots - I'm also looking in
Washington County - the southern part of it as prices in Frederick
are up there as well...sometimes I think the DC metro area is gonna
make it to Chicago the way it's spreading out so fast - well seems
fast tho' it has taken 30 years or more for it to get going.  It is
time for a change around here - If I can make this grand plan work I
intend to take a year off at least to build gardens and smell the
roses (plant some roses!) and then we'll see if I need to get
gainfully employed again and at what.  "Let us all know if there is
any thing we can do long distance to help-"....all of you on this
list are like extended family; just knowing you're all there with
sympathy and good advice is of inestimable value.

Cathy, when I get a realtor and it gets going, I'll report.  We've
got nearly 4 acres and I'd like at least that much land for the
privacy it affords - want a smaller house tho' - if I can afford that
much land!  I'd like ag land so I can keep my options open should I
decide I want to start a nursery or hort. related business....or just
to rent out part of it for horse boarding or to someone who wants to
use it for crops for a little income generation.  We shall see.  I
started out thinking lots of land until I found out what it was going
for per acre!  Yikes!

Anyway, gang, it's early days for this venture and as the saga
develops, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks to all of you for your
good wishes; keep your fingers crossed that I can pull it off and
retain what little sanity I still possess in the process:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs