Re: More demons of ignorance, arrogance, and darkness

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] More demons of ignorance, arrogance, and darkness
  • From: "Marge Talt" mtalt@hort.net
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 01:41:08 -0400

I'm with you, Jim.  VA, in particular, has been using some native
plants along the interstates - rather nice in many instances tho' not
so in some because they were put in via the block method which looks
very artificial, but there's a lot of ground there that road medians
don't have.  Native wildflowers are very often weedy looking at least
in some stage of their growth each season and median strips need to
be more in the tidy dept.  Something tough and tidy is what I'd
recommend.  Too much emphasis on 'native only' at the government
level; like many good ideas it's gone berserk and not grounded on
practicality at all times.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs