Re: Turf war?

Well, Sue, it could be that you need to think about how you
accomplish the garden tasks that make you sore:-)  Like do you bend
at the knees to pick up something - use your legs or just your back?
Repetitive motions (raking, digging, pruning) for extended periods
will make the sets of muscles you use for them sore if they aren't
used to it....best to vary the task so you use different muscles,
esp. at the start of the season.

I figure at least 2 weeks of sore at the beginning of the season.  By
Thanksgiving, I'm in great shape as I am out from 5PM until dark and
all weekend unless it's pouring,  but sitting on my duff for 4 months
of winter at a computer guarantees that the first 2 weeks I'm out
again my old bod is going to tell me all about it until the muscles
get used to the activity again:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs

> From: Taborri <taborri@rochester.rr.com>
> I've been questioning gardening soreness for several years.  I'm 49
years old,
> and a runner, 4+ miles per day.  I can do Yoga, even sporadically.
I can do