Re: More demons of ignorance, arrogance, and darkness

Right, I think it is the selection of natives that makes things look
unkept.  Margie Hunter has a wonderful book, Gardening with the Native
Plants of Tennessee.  I attended one of her seminars last year...she made
several interesting points, one of which was that you can often find a
native(s) that has qualities that you need and she illustrated it with
slides.  It seems that when some people think of native they think of a
meadow or priarie look, which can get rather 'ratty'.