From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Chris Petersen
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:17 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Bonanza!

Bonnie,

One plant on your list that I've been very happy with is Penstemon barbatus
'Coccineus'. It blooms for a really long time if it's happy.  It needs good
drainage and I believe full sun.  I've planted two more varieties,
P.'Prairie Dusk' and P. 'Blue Buckle', and they are looking great after the
winter.

I've tried Sagina subulata,Irish Moss, but I've lost it over the winter.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com