From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:03 PM
To: Gardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] Update on Peeper (aka Lady Chatsworth)

Well, the grey duck that was nesting in the stall with Peepers had her
babies Sunday. She had five ducklings. Peeper must want some babies really,
really BAD because now she is "helping" with those babies. She is still
sitting on her eggs (and according to the books, a goose sits on them for
25-30 days, she has maybe a week or so to go) and still does NOT want
anybody around her nest...BUT...when she isn't sitting on them, she is
"mothering" those baby ducklings and I just think it is so sweet.
And the mother duck lets her. If the German Shepherds come too close to the
babies, Peepers goes after them. I sure hope she has some babies because her
heart is in the right place. And I haven't seen the Mr. in almost two weeks.
I don't even see him on the pond. I wonder where he went?