To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Update on Peeper (aka Lady Chatsworth)

Oh Kitty, I hope that Seamus is O.K. That worries me too. And it is
ALWAYS busy at my place...no matter what time of year. I DID get some
photos of Peeper and the Mother duck with her babies tonight. I'm trying
to download them so that I can share them online...but I'm getting
frustrated. Maybe by tomorrow I will have them ready! She actually
hissed at me when I got too close to take pictures. Imagine that.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
Thanks for the update Jesse. I hope Pops is around somewhere. It always
worries me when I see a very noticeable behavior change in an animal. My
Seamus is acting strange, we'll see the vet on the 13th. It sounds like it
will be a lively summer at your place this year with all these babies.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell"
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:49 PM

I will Jim. I am a little concerned that I haven't seen her mate. Geese
are supposed to mate for life...but I have not seen him around. The
Canadian geese across the road (on our 7 acres) are BOTH hovering around
the nest on the island. Every morning I see them swimming together. But
I have not seen him. Maybe he is just keeping to himself till the babies
are born...she was a little grouchy with him at the beginning of her
nesting. I just don't know.

james singer wrote:
Cool. I think animal behavior is about the most interesting of all
things. Keep sending reports. Please.