To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 6:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Update on Peeper (aka Lady Chatsworth)

Keep us posted on Seamus please! I'm up to my eyeballs in trying to raise money for the boxer rescue. We had a deaf, white puppy that one of our volunteers rescued. Chained, stuck under a fence, no water etc. The police came and took the dog to the shelter. Padlocked and chained the run shut except for the staff members to take care of her with a note that she was not to be given to anyone except the police officer or Jenni (our volunteer) She has mysteriously disappeared. When Jenni went to get her she was gone and the A/C officer that had the key swears he knows nothing about it. This is the SECOND time a dog has gone missing under his care. The cops are investigating, but it makes me sick to think she's been sold as a bait dog or a puppy factory. The shelter was required to hold her for 10 days which is why Jenni couldn't get her immediately. Now she's beating herself up for not just stealing the puppy. It had been abandoned for at least a 3-4 days before Jenni found her. People are cruel and crazy. Not just stupid. Sorry, I'm stressing about this today.Venting.

I'm glad Peepers has got her babies AND eggs. Cannot wait to see the photos!