Re: Bamboo

Really? maybe it's the lower humidity. They do quite well here. A
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bamboo

The thing about bamboo is that the clumpers are plants that are very winter hardy, but do not do well in the midwestern prairie heat.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On May 3, 2006, at 11:04 PM, Taborri wrote:

I saw the Fargesias and we were working on getting me one, but I forget why we
did not. I ended up with......<tag outside and I forget the name> ...... I
think it was a Rufus Bamboo, or similar name? This is a new-ish variety which
is supposed to be more sun and wind tolerant than most (Have I already
reported this?). I was advised to fertilize-- I gave it some Miracle Grow and
it seems quite happy in it's new location, greening right up and all. :>
Sue, Upstate NY, Zone 6