Re: Photos of Lady Chatsworth

That little baby with the dark head and back is my husband's favorite
too. I've picked them up...she doesn't LIKE it very much when I do. They
are just so precious. If you Google "Muscovy" ducks, you'll see how
different they are. The males usually have this red, waxy stuff around
their faces. The females, not so much. They aren't the most beautiful
ducks I've ever seen, but they grow on you. I wanted some serious bug
eaters, and that's what we got. And they have quirky little
personalities.

Marge Talt <mtalt@hort.net> wrote:
  Well, Jesse, if those ducklings aren't the cutest little critters! I
assume the yellow ones will turn out either white or gray like momma?
I'm quite taken with the one with the dark head and back. Guess
neither mom nor guard goose Peepers is gonna let you pick them up any
time soon. What a hoot - Peepers the Guard Goose - and she's so much
bigger than the momma duck. I've always wanted a goose and some
ducks so appreciate your pix:-)

DC duck story: A mallard has for the 2nd year in a row set up her
nest in a planter in front of a very busy downtown hotel, the Ritz
Carlton. Well, eggs hatched and she waddled into the hotel lobby
with ducklings (wish I'd seen pix of THAT). All were transported via
limousine to the Potomac river - same place they took them last year
- to let them go. The called them the Ritz Quackers:-) Cracked me
up. I believe staff fed her all sorts of goodies from the restaurant
and kept a good eye on her during her egg sitting - so guess she
figures this is a great place to make a nest and will keep on coming
back. No sign of a Mr. Mallard...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs