Re: Photos of Lady Chatsworth

Didn't they have a duck nesting in front of the White House last year?
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Photos of Lady Chatsworth

I am amazed they let her hatch the eggs there. Must
be a friendly people duck, cause I can't see them
letting the duck scare away customers trying to get in
the door...

--- Marge Talt <mtalt@hort.net> wrote:

DC duck story:  A mallard has for the 2nd year in a
row set up her
nest in a planter in front of a very busy downtown
hotel, the Ritz
Carlton.  Well, eggs hatched and she waddled into
the hotel lobby
with ducklings (wish I'd seen pix of THAT).  All
were transported via
limousine to the Potomac river - same place they
took them last year
- to let them go.  The called them the Ritz
Quackers:-)  Cracked me
up.  I believe staff fed her all sorts of goodies
from the restaurant
and kept a good eye on her during her egg sitting -
so guess she
figures this is a great place to make a nest and
will keep on coming
back.  No sign of a Mr. Mallard...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs