Re: question

Donna, that bit of woody material suggests a previous year's growth. Are the new shoots connected to it under the soil? If so, I'd say it's something you planted. But from the numerous taller shoots further away in the first pic, I'd say it's something you shouldn't have planted in that spot - unless of course you really wanted a quick spreader against the house. Nice-colored stems.
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] question

Actually, I was in a hurry last fall getting some last
minute purchases in the ground.... don't think I got
around to making markers for everything although I did
stick the one that came with them in the ground... of
course, they always disappear.

I also found it interesting yesterday how some
marginal plants made it, and the old tried and true
that have been there for years bit the dust....
although I am giving them some more time, still early
in the season here.

Donna

--- Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:

Donna, you've just got to keep your mom's friend's
grandkids away from your
plant markers!

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5