Re: Paulownia

I realize they seed everywhere, but I think that after having been here for 200 years they might be considered at least a "heritage" plant. I think this is another example of government gone wild. Just my 2 cents.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 5:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Paulownia

Please don't, Andrea. They're invasive non-natives that are destroying the habitats of many many species, some endangered. See http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/pato1.htm When they get into an ecosystem, they can wreak havoc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andreah@hargray.com>