Miscanthus

Ok, so I was rather hasty.  Bought the Miscanthus Sinensus Zebrinus.  I
thought of it at the counter chatting.  It doesn't look good, but then the
rest were pretty frozen yet, in a shady spot which has not thawed yet for the
season.  We couldn't find much that seemed alive yet in the pot but that may
have been the dormancy.  Brought it home and planted it in a fairly sunny spot
on Sat or Sunday.  How long do you figure I should wait to see if it is living
and sprouts before I return it for another?   Owner will recall and says he'll
make good on it.
Sue, Upstate NY, Zone 6