Re: Palm in transplant shock

A few questions--

What kind of palm?
How large is large?
How large was the root ball relative to trunk diameter?
Was it root pruned before transplanting?
Was it "hurricane cut" [i.e. most fronds removed] when re-planted?

For some palms, none of this stuff matters; for others, all of it does. As a rule, however, palms don't like to have their roots messed with. And they need a more-or-less constant supply of moisture [I'm reluctant to say "water" but that's what I mean] to thrive--you can trace the aquifers in the Mojave by plotting the occurrence of Washingtonia robusta.