RE: plant suggestions please

Donna, how tall a plant or plant combination do you want there?  The hosta
is nice, which leads me to think a Hellebore there would blend right in with
perhaps some Jacob's ladder and an ethereal or two, like bleeding heart for
early spring.  Perhaps some Sweet Woodruff, (Galium ordorata) as they love
moisture and as the shade increases would do very well there, with a bit of
comfrey thrown in for spring color.  For more spring color (also loving
moisture) are primroses.  Most of these are not all that tall with the Sweet
Woodruff only being 3" or so tall.  If you want something taller with later
blooms, I'll see what else does well around here near the pond.  My pond is
in mostly shade, but around the margins I have different things.

For that place on the other side of the waterfall, Sweet woodruff or one of
the comfrey's would offer nice greens after their spring blooms and a place
for the eye to rest.

For that raised bed, do you want a different color foliage?  I love the
Sedum sarmentosum because of it's yellow green very low foliage and bright
yellow flowers.  It loves full sun and it is a very low grower to keep that
angel is the focal point.  There are lost of other low growing sun lovers
that would look good there.  Maybe a Passion plant?  It's purple in the
spring would be great.

For Picture 4, did you want something tall or something really tall?  Holly
hocks love a nice hot wall!  They are really tall and produce lovely flowers
all summer.  Depending on the type of holly hock you'd put there, ratty
leaves could be a problem if it is a showy area.  However, putting Cana
there might be an alternative.  They too like it "hot!"  If you want
something shorter, what about a beardtongue?  There are a variety of colors
these days for zone 5 and they attract the hummingbirds.  I really do like
my "husker's red" because it has that burgundy leaf structure and the white
blooms play off it well.

What all is growing there in picture 5?  What colors are already there?
Most any semi-shade tolerant plant would look good there.  Is there a season
you want to hi-lite with color/blossoms?  Do you want annuals or perennials?

BTW, I love the coral bark blossoms!  They are great!