Re: Bromeliads

Mine like it on the dry side, and are not particularly pot bound.
When they finish blooming, I wait for off shoots to appear, then
divide the plants, repotting the keikis and discarding the "mother
plant". I use a general purpose potting mix, however, that said, I
have had a bad experience with cut rate potting mix - found it mucky
and very slow to drain. Thank God I discovered the issue before I
bought more than two bags.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b