Plant Question & Fun at the Nursery

Well, today I worked at the nursery all day, and after I finished shopping for things I wanted I figure I owe Leigh about $20. <LOL> I'll have to give you a list of everything I bought when I figure out what I bought. After work I drove to my daughter's house to give her the 'Romeo' rose I got for her. She gave me a Saliva microphylla 'Cerro Potosi.' I'm sure it is a beautiful shrub, but I can't find any information on it in the US. There are a lot of UK nurseries carrying it, and some in France and Germany as well. I'm afraid it is indigenous to Mexico and will not be hardy here, but I'm going to try it anyway. I have several salvias that are supposed to by hardy to only zone 8, but they have been thriving for about six years in my garden. Does anybody know anything about my gift?
Thanks for your help.
zone 7
West TN