Re: Happy > zone map

Bonnie, they planned all along to adjust the USDA zones. Just because the draft AHS came up with didn't pan out, doesn't mean they abandoned the project. It was simply back to the drawing board. Not enough data was used in that AHS draft and I recall reading the next draft will include a lot more - sorta like all the phone calls the govt is collecting. They have to go way back to get an accurate pattern; 10-15 years isn't sufficient. Also, the AHS draft dumped the a nd b subdivisions and apparently people weren't happy about that at all.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Happy Birthday Pam.....

Although, it wasn't very comfortable, I'm sure, Jim BRRRR...

The grandboy had two flag football games yesterday. It was in the 40's with
a chili misting rain with wind. Yup. It took a winter jacket and a few
trips to the car to get warmed back up. The local nurseries who usually do
a killing on and just before Mother's Day. I stopped in and chatted with
someone at my favorite spot and they said the cold and rain really impacted
their sales. I think I shall have to expect sales soon. That is good for
me, but not so good for the nurseries.

BTW, I heard on TV Saturday that they are trying to change the zone ratings
again and are including plant names to identify different areas? Anyone
know any details?

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)