Re: Birthday Pam...now Plant sales

I think plant folks come out to shop in all weather.  I remember a  freeze
(only one that month) hitting during the MG fruit tree sale, several  years
back.  Was our best sale ever.
Also, the annual March Mart sale, biggest sale in Houston.....stormed
several times, one time much of Houston was flooded....we went anyway (hour  drive)
after the worst of it passed...thought we wer nuts, but when we got there  we
heard that people stood in line for an hour before opening during the worst
part of the storm.  It was so crowded....I could not believe it.
A week ago, Sat. I helped at a friend's plant sale, it poured, but the  folks
came anyway.
Plants don't care if it rains, and gardeners are happy it's raining.
Have heard about the floods and terrible rains in the NE.  My heart  goes out
to those folks, endured flooding here on numerous occasions, it's never  fun.
 Most areas need the rain, but that's a bit much at one time.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/15/2006 11:02:21 PM Central Standard Time,