Re: Paulownia

This plant was originally introduced as a good timber tree.  However, in
the South, the cells grow so quickly that the wood is weak and can't be
used for furniture, etc.  It has become a terrible pest...along I40, over
the mountains between Knoxville and Ashville, the tree has taken over part
of the hillsides, pushing out all the natives.

Washington