Re: Paulownia

Not many, and just in really protected spots. I wonder if the gesture did pay off. They are very neat trees, and their flowers are so pretty.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Paulownia

Are there many tung oil trees there now?  When I was a child
in the Florida panhandle (we're talking dark ages now), a
prominent citizen of the town who was also a wealthy banker
planted the streets of the town with tung oil trees.  He said it
would eventually provide a source of income and wealth for
the town.  I haven't been in that town for more than 50 years,
but I somehow suspect that his philanthropic gesture has not
paid off.

In a message dated 05/16/2006 8:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,