Re: weather

I keep watching your weather on TV and can't imagine.
I wish for you a good sunny day!
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 7:39 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] weather

Yesterday when I left to meet Bill for lunch, I was stunned by an orange orb
in the sky. By the time I had driven the 10 minutes to meet DH, the dark
grey clouds rolled in. We had a hasty lunch at a fast food place and dashed
for the car. We had no sooner gotten out on the road but were hit by
hail...not large hail, but massive amounts of small pea to moth ball sized
hail. The rains and the winds with it pick up speed. DH was soaked by the
time he got back in to work.

Once home, the rain stopped. There was a hole in the garden where I had
removed a pot "planted" in the dirt for safe keeping over winter. That hole
was filled to the brim with water. I thought I might go do some deadheading
10 minutes later and stepped out into the rains again, Donna. It was tricky
trying to find a drier period in which to walk the 5 dogs! UGH! Last night
there was a cold air funnel spotted near by as more storms raced through.
Last night when I went out to get something outside, that hole was still
standing full, like a pond. (Keep in mind that there is 10" of course rock
about 2' under that bed! You would think it would drain better, but the
ground is at full saturation. I'm sorry to hear about the folks in the NE.
I'm all for moderation in EVERYTHING!

Oh, and yesterday, Momma robin kept her remaining 3 children in the nest.
With no real rain (30% chance) in the forecast for the first day in a very
long time, this morning they have already "flown" their little nest and it
is empty.

BTW, I'm not sure weathermen lie. Most just aren't very good at playing
their statistical odds. LOL!!!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)