Re: weather

Trudi Semple - is she the German/Austrian lady who creates Trudi's Pits? Where she wants to grow something, she digs a hole and starts filling it with junk mail, coffee grounds, vegetable peelings and other compostables, putting a rock on top. When it's full, she leaves it for a while, and then comes back and plants the following season. If that's the one, keep an eye out for her Hakonechloa. She had the largest patch of it that I've ever seen. Her vegetable garden sanctuary was unusual and bountiful too. (Hope this is the same garden-we see so many on GWA tours, and with so little sleep, that they all kind of run together after a while)

Donna, please dry up! I will be in the Chicago area Mon-Thur with a garden
tour group. We will stay in Naperville and visit the Botanical Center,
Mortons Arb, Orchid house, private gardens including Trudi Semple's (do you know of
this garden?) , garden centers & a theatre. Where are you located from
Naperville?
Ceres