Re: Paulownia

I found this history of cattails interesting:

I remember the small patch of cattails on the pond near our home when I was a kid- filled with Red-winged Blackbirds and Muskrats. I don't remember seeing them when we'd drive a few hours to my Grandparent's home in Wisconsin. Now, they seem to be all over the place up north, though I don't see them much here in the south.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Paulownia

No doubt- just noticed today that my mom's pond has
cattails in it... I was horrified and gave her the
third degree about where she got them and why did she
put them there...

Of course, she said she didn't, but with the terror of
my yelling, I am sure even if she did, she wouldn't
admit it..

Tomorrow's project is to get them out before they get
out of hand... if they aren't already.