Re: Paulownia/Now Red Maple...

Pam, remember when you were up here and I asked if you wanted some Red
Maple tree starts (jokingly off course because you don't have room for
another tree really) and you said it was too hot in your zone and they
would never make it? Well, I thought we had planted one when we lived in
Celina, Texas and asked Robert. He said yes, we did plant one of them.
Then I googled it:

  Habit and Range:
Red maple transplants easily at any age and grows into a medium-large
tree of about 40' to 70'. The red maple occupies one of the largest
eastern north-south ranges in North America - from Canada to the tip of
Florida. The tree is very tolerant and grows in nearly any condition.

So...FYI...they will grow down there! If you ever want a red maple
tree...let me KNOW! I have them coming up ALL OVER MY YARD! LOL.

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:
  I don't get it either? Must be more of a problem up North. Never seen 'em
down here. Too dry I suspect.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX