Re: weeds, plants and the weekend

Add me to the needs to weed list! I meant to get out and do it this weekend, but got caught up in other projects instead (e.g. painting the garage door), washing the cats, cleaning the filth out of the house, etc. And so, it rained much of yesterday off and on and all last night. So, I'm sure a zillion more weeds have popped up and are just waiting for me this weekend. But- at least it is a 3 day weekend- I'd forgotten that.

Jesse Bell wrote:

I'll be weeding on my three day weekend too Donna! I thought I had most
of my gardens taken care of...but after all the rain we received a week
or two ago...grass and weeds are popping up everywhere!!

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
So what did everyone do this weekend? Since I am 50 something and not 30
something, didn't get as much done as Theresa and Cyndi do...:)

After spending the weekend pulling weeds, I have no idea where they all came
from. It is not like one variety that took over. I seem to have dozens of
kinds here. I don't recall it ever being this bad here before.

I probably killed a few of my wanted plants, as they were so engulfed, I
literally dug up the whole plant and sifted thru them getting all the weed
roots out and replanting the wanted plant. Took forever!

Anyways, a few things are blooming now, so it was nice to find them. Most of
the early spring things are done. Kinda worried about my Epimedium
grandiflorum 'Lilafee'. Last look it was blooming, but now it barely has any
leaves on it at all.. seems kinda sudden (not for the blooms, but don't
remember it dropping leaves that quick).

Anyone grow a bottlebrush bush (Aesculus parviflora)? It didn't seem to like
it by the fence, so I moved it a few weeks ago... seems to be lacking, but
might be getting used to it's new home. What does this bush like?

My ninebark summer wine is blooming for the first time here... looks great!
Also my lilac bush who's name escapes me at the moment. It is a later
variety so it just started.

I have a three day weekend coming up, so instead of planting, guessing I
will still be weeding.

If anyone needs to get some frustration out, feel free to stop by and dig
out a few weeds. LOL!