Re: Orange jasmine

Hi, Zem. You have to overwinter yours indoors, right? I think I'm going to try to remember to collect seeds from mine [I have three very large ones] this bloom time; if you want to try a few more, let me know.

On May 23, 2006, at 3:54 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

You know, Jim, orange jasmine is just about my favorite fragrance in the universe. I have a plant, but it is being really slow about leafing out this year. I let it get too dry over the winter. It only has two or three leaves right now, but there are dozens waiting to emerge. I'm sure a little fertilizer would help a lot. The Meyer lemon did wonderfully well over the winter. It bloomed a lot, and now that it's outside it's blooming again. I can see it is setting a lot of fruit. Now if they just won't all ripen at the same time...
zem
zone 7
West TN
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:12 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Orange jasmine

The orange jasmine are going through a new bloom cycle for some reason, so I added a couple of pictures to my "spring" album.

http://snipurl.com/quwi

Weather here has been... well... odd. Not terribly hot [low 80s] or humid [50s], but overcast and weepy without actually raining. Plants seem to like it; grumichama is blooming for the first time and the Amazon lily is beginning to open [slowly, one flower at a time].

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10