Re: Kitten Advice, please

Besides what the others have said, one time - when I had no money or
access to a trap, I took a box (big enough for the kitten to walk
through it quite a ways) and cut a little circle in one end, about the
size of a can, and put food and water in there for it. I just watched
because I knew it was hungry and would come looking (like you, I had fed
it several times so it expected nummies when it saw me). When she
timidly sniffed and dared to go in the box, it was easy to cover the
hole because it was so far from the food she was eating and she didn't
have time to run to the other end of the box.

Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:
  A kitten was at my doorstep at 6:30 this morning. I've spent hours trying to
get to know it, leaving several servings of tuna in a dish for it so that it
can eat (obviously very hungry and meowing), and haven't been able to get
close enough to catch it. I picked up some cat food on my way home from
physical therapy this afternoon and will try that. The kitten has gobbled
everything I've given it as soon as I left the area.

My latest encounter led to the kit being terrified by Henrietta II (Rhode
Island Red Chicken) who came running to mama to see what goodies were going
to come her way.

I'm exhausted and the kit is so very small, and there are lots of big storms
coming. I'd like to get the poor little one into a dry and safe spot.

I also have two dogs that don't know diddly about cats except to chase feral
cats out of the yard - that habit courtesy of an adoptee. I don't know
whether they haven't noticed the kit, or whether it still has that baby
smell that seems to give kits and pups immunity.

Help, please.