From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:50 PM
To: gardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] Garden Club Talk

Today I spoke to a garden club in Jackson, TN.  I'm happy to report it
went very well.  The subject, on of my favorites, was 'Colonial
Gardening.'  This fall commences the 400th anniversary of the settlement
of Jamestown Colony, and the Garden Clubs of Virginia have planned tours
of about 250 gardens along with some of the historic plantations along
the James River.  I really like American history, and I've found all
sorts of interesting facts about our forebears.  My talk includes
kitchen gardens as well as ornamental gardens. Just had to share since
this was only my second time to speak to a club, and the first time
nearly everybody fell asleep! <LOL> Hope this means I'm getting better
at it. zem zone 7 West TN