Re: Kitten Advice, please

Then what do you do?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten Advice, please

ahh- I've done this before. Get a long box or laundry basket or something, but the food all the way to the inside. Wait for kitty to go in for the food- then move in after her and block the exit to scoop her up. May take a few tries, but it does work.

Theresa

Daryl wrote:

A kitten was at my doorstep at 6:30 this morning. I've spent hours trying to get to know it, leaving several servings of tuna in a dish for it so that it can eat (obviously very hungry and meowing), and haven't been able to get close enough to catch it. I picked up some cat food on my way home from physical therapy this afternoon and will try that. The kitten has gobbled everything I've given it as soon as I left the area.

My latest encounter led to the kit being terrified by Henrietta II (Rhode Island Red Chicken) who came running to mama to see what goodies were going to come her way.

I'm exhausted and the kit is so very small, and there are lots of big storms coming. I'd like to get the poor little one into a dry and safe spot.

I also have two dogs that don't know diddly about cats except to chase feral cats out of the yard - that habit courtesy of an adoptee. I don't know whether they haven't noticed the kit, or whether it still has that baby smell that seems to give kits and pups immunity.

Help, please.