Re: Kitten Advice, please

Oh yes. I've spent hours sitting out of sight but within earshot, and within sight but not within reach. I've not made a fast move near him.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten Advice, please

Glad to hear he's back.
I know you've spent a lot of time working with him already, but mostly it sounds like it's been, from his point of view, poised for "attack". Have you tried, after putting down the food, just sitting calmly for awhile near him, but not near enough to catch him? If he's scared by a fly, imagine what the swift movement of someone 20 times his size must seem like to him.

If you can provide access to protection for him I would vote for "> feeding and talking to him until he's ready.", since summer's coming and he seems to be doing ok.

neIN, Zone 5