RE: need advice please

My dad had both knees done at once about twelve years ago. He was about 70
at the time.  He decided that he didn't want to go through the surgery
twice.  My mom was available to help care for him and I lived next door and
was home for the summer vacation, so he opted out of the rehab center.  I
remember that he had someone, probably a nurse, come to the house everyday
for awhile. We drove him to physical therapy for weeks afterwards. Doing the
therapy was the most difficult part as it could be quite painful.  He spent
lots of time with ice bags and legs elevated.  At that time, the doctor
recommended using large bags of frozen peas for ice bags!  His knees are
still doing fine.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)