From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cathy Carpenter
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:36 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weeds, plants and the weekend/ I'm back!

Got home from San Diego Thursday evening and am playing "catch up" (309
messages to go!).  Prepping the garden for  a tour on 3 June
- told the organizers that folks better not be expecting Versailles!
I have two bottlebrush buckeyes and one mutant. They like part shade, as in
edge of the woods locations, and moisture. Otherwise, pretty adaptable as to
soils. They are slow to develop, so patience is required (mine have been in
the ground for 5 years and they still don't resemble those at the Governor's
Mansion in Springfield (not that he ever sees them!).
My condolences to Zem on the loss of her cats - I know how she feels.
and congrats to Jesse on the grandbaby!!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b