Chicago Trip

I had a great Chicago experience.   We toured 10 private gardens, Chicago
Botanical Gardens & Morton Arboretum as well as 3 garden centers.   I was
disappointed in the CBG but the gardens may have been in betwn seasons.   The MA was
unbelievable particularly the children's garden.
     The best garden was Trudi Temples which was misspelled on my pretour
letter making it Semple.   Donna or Chris do you know her?   She started the
markets and she has a book out on her garden.   She is originally from Germany and
her home where she has lived some 30 yrs looks like a photo from Germany.
     I believe the Chicago (Naperville to be exact) were a bit ahead of our
gardens here.   I came home to a garden that was wild!   We had rain & warmth
which was perfect conditions for run away plants.   Also, lost more plants to
rabbits.   My new chocolate Rogersia has nothing above the soil and as does a
new Geranium.   The Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' has little left.   My roses are all
pruned even with wire baskets around them as the baby rabbits are able to
crawl inside.
     I now must keep my nose to the grindstone as have a garden club on the
15, 17th MGs pretour which is all the MGs working the tour and the 24th the big
tour.   Just hope my knee makes it.   I am now taking therapy 2 days a wk
with the hope of strengthen it and perhaps to avoid surgery.