From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Taborri
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:17 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Toadsong

My garden is heavy laden with expectant bloom, pregnant, as it were.  My
white Rhododendron is in full bloom and my white Everlasting Iris have just
today bloomed its first bloom.  My white Clematis are large and heavy with
blossoms to bloom soon.  I've never seen my white Bleeding Heart so large.
My toads have returned, laid eggs in the "large" pond (4x6) which have
turned to tadpoles and many have moved on.  Nighttime brings toadsong which
my daughter and I love to hear.  One must be careful when walking lest you
step on a large toad, as I almost did last night when I kicked one.  I spent
a few hours today on my hands and knees picking up Maple seedling
"helicopters."

We spoke briefly awhile back about soreness in the spring with the onset of
garden chores.  This month's Yoga Journal, June 2006, has an brief article
entitled "Garden Grace" on page 22 which shows some simple easy Yoga poses
(asanas) to prepare one's body for garden duties.  The article is mentions
that the asanas are from a new book entitled Gardner's Yoga by Victoria
D'Orazio.

Our weather today has been glorious and I'm looking forward to a day NOT
occupied carting the kids here and there, but instead relaxing in my chaise
on patio basking in the sun, reading, and listening to my gurgling
fountains.
PEACE OUT.

Sue
Upstate NY, Zone 6