Re: My Tulip Tree!!!

In a message dated 5/29/06 7:27:56 AM, wmorgan972@ameritech.net writes:

> The pod seeds are
> eaten by cardinals, purple finch, and squirrels.  The tiger and spicebush
> swallowtail butterflies use the leaves for larvae.

Bonnie, another great attriubute, except maybe the squirrels which I would
rather they visit the neighbors.   We do have ample finches & cardinals now.
     My tree is perfectly shaped and has ample space.   Dirrs book says they
may not get so big in the north.   He also says they are grown at the
Minnesota Arboretum.
     Ceres